Happy Tuesday! If you follow along on Instagram, then you probably know that the hubby and I traveled just up the hill to Lake Tahoe two weeks ago! It was actually a work trip, that we turned into a weekend getaway. With our work schedules barely allowing us two days together, we thought it would be a fun time to unwind and enjoy a little snow.
It’s safe to say we had THE BEST time! We stayed at Marriott’s Timber Lodge in South Lake Tahoe. It’s the resort attached to Heavenly Village. If you ever have a chance to visit, I would highly recommend! The rooms were beautiful, and the restaurants were exquisite! When we visit Lake Tahoe, we generally go for the sole purpose of snowboarding. But, this trip was super last minute, so we decided to just enjoy the restaurants and other activities in the surrounding areas. ANDDD I’ve go to say, we had a blast!
Some of my favorite finds in Heavenly Village were:
- Fire + Ice – THIS RESTAURANT IS A MUST!! It’s an all you can eat Mongolian style restaurant. In simplest of terms, you fill a bowl with all of the food & sauces of your choice, and a chef cooks it right there in front of you! My mouth is literally watering while writing this, it’s a mix of Asian, Latin & Italian options… and so good! The full bar is a plus as well.
- Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory – The hubby and I actually stumbled across this place while looking for a good prop for a photo… haha the term “do it for the gram” literally applies perfectly. We bought a carmel apple, and literally inhaled the entire thing before we even had a chance to take a photo! Highly recommend for a sweet treat!
- The Baked Bear – We ran over to this place after receiving a recommendation from a bartender. It’s an ice cream shop that specializes in making ice cream sandwiches. Pick your favorite cookie and ice cream, and these guys will put together a yummy treat for you!
- Gunbarrel Tavern & Eatery – This is definitely a comfort food style restaurant. After working all week, and arriving late to Heavenly Village, we honestly would’ve eaten anything! This restaurant was rated really well on Yelp, so we decided to go for it. They have a delicious menu, and is a huge hot spot for local snowboarders/skiers. If you have a chance, enjoy a drink by the fire pits outside. It’s usually accompanied by live music or a DJ.
- Base Camp Pizza – True to form, the hubby and I are always down for a midnight snack. We ordered pizza last minute, and ran to go pick it up. OMGGG best pizza EVER! If you’re a pizza lover, this place is a must (side not… their ranch is on point).
Growing up in California, you don’t necessarily need a whole lot of snow weather clothing. But, there are a few essentials that I always stock up on. My number one item being rain boots! And I’ll be honest, it’s more often then not a real struggle to find cute ones at that!
With that being said, I discovered this super rad company, Chooka! They are based out Seattle, Washington and are all about fashion meeting function. ANDDDD you know they mean business, because their line of adorable boots just landed at Nordstrom!
I loved their array of styles so much that I snagged two pairs! The first pair I chose was Chooka’s Ballard Buffalo Duck Boot. This was the first year I invested in a duck boot, and I am NEVER going back! Completely waterproof, super comfortable and stylish… done and done! They run true to size, and have a fleece lining for extra warmth! They also have a removable memory foam insole. Just in case you manage to get snow inside, take those babies out and throw them in the dryer and whaaalaaa, you’re good to go!
Shop Chooka Duck Boots:
The next pair of boots I chose was more of a traditional style rain boot, Chooka’s Dot Blanc Rain Boot in navy. Not kidding, I can’t even count on my two hands how many times I received compliments on these bad boys! The polka dot pattern is super girly, and the buckle on the side can be adjusted for the perfect fit. I personally wore them with leggings and high knee socks, and they fit perfectly (definitely true to size).
|| Boots: Chooka || Top: BP by Nordstrom || Vest: Loft (40% off) || Scarf: Express (on sale + an extra 40% off) || Leggings: Spanx || Wool Socks: Ugg || Beanie: Topshop || Sunglasses: Loft (40% off) ||
Shop Chooka Rain Boots: